Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 12 - Finals


Tonight I did this painting as an assignment for my last class. I bought a used easel from my teacher a few weeks ago and it was kind of neat getting to put my stretched paper and board on an easel and paint on really nice paper.


It gave me a little trouble though, because the paper was so big and such high quality it kept absorbing all of the water I was trying to use.

It's not as nice as the woman on the beach, but it has some good things about it. I really like the warm color of the sky against the cool color of the mountain, and I like the guy in the boat.

I've got one more class which I'm looking forward to and then I will be taking a bit of an enforced break from painting due to the upcoming holidays. I hope to still do a little here and there, particularly the watercolor sketches. I think they are a lot of fun and very meaningful in a journal.

No comments: